Please see the Membership area.
Please check the calendar for the exact dates as the days might change.
The Encino Velodrome is a community-based organization dedicated to providing instructional, training and racing opportunities for track cyclists. Participation in the organization's programs is subject to the observance of the organization's rules and procedures. The activities outlined below are strictly prohibited. Any participant, volunteer or board member who violates this Code is subject to discipline, up to and including removal from the program.
- DO NOT cross the track with cleated shoes. You may slip and fall.
- DO NOT cross the track while a race is in progress.
- When you do cross the track, make sure to LOOK before you cross so as not to get in the way of someone riding around or warming up on the track.
- When overtaking another rider, yell "STAY," don't say "rail" or "pole" or other things expecting them to get out of your way.
- To complete a paceline pull. Signal with an elbow and LOOK before moving. Do not pull out of the middle of a paceline; instead wave the riders around you.
- DO NOT ride carelessly. For the safety and well being of you, and others around you, don't make unexpected moves.
- Foul or abusive language by riders or support personnel will not be tolerated.
- If unsure what to do: ASK!
- We ride in a group behind a leader above the blue line.
- When it's your turn, call your name to the timer as you pass by him.
- You then have one lap to build speed for your 200 meter time.
- Make your dive the next time around, at the black 200 meter line in turn two, and go as fast as you can until you cross the finish line.
- When you have finished, go to the apron or, the back of the pack. DO NOT ride anywhere else on the track while other riders are doing their 200 times.
I have read and I understand the The Encino Velodrome's Code of Conduct. I agree to abide by the rules described above and understand that I may be removed as a participant if I violate any of these rules.
- Abusive language towards a board member, volunteer or another participant.
- Possession or use of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs on The Encino Velodrome's property or reporting to the program while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Bringing onto The Encino Velodrome's property dangerous or unauthorized materials such as explosives, firearms, weapons or other similar items.
- Discourtesy or rudeness to a fellow participant, board member or volunteer.
- Verbal, physical or visual harassment of another participant, board member or volunteer.
- Actual or threatened violence toward any individual or group.
- Conduct endangering the life, safety, health or well-being of others.
- Failure to follow any agency policy or procedure.
- Bullying or taking unfair advantage of any participant.
- Failing to cooperate with an adult supervisor/leader/mentor.